Friday, September 12, 2014

Welcome back?

So, I've been thinking a lot lately about how I miss writing, about how I honestly missing just sitting and thinking of what's going on around me and writing it all out. I really miss all my old blogging friends, not that I have any friends that blog any more... or do I?? Maybe I just need to write to get some things off my chest.. so here goes.

So much has changed since I wrote over a year ago. Nicole ended up not moving away, but, we still don't hang out that often, which makes me sad, but, at the same time, I kinda feel... I don't know, maybe LAZY about it? *sigh* I don't know any more how to feel. It's like, how am I supposed to feel about anything any more? Maybe I'm just in a funk right now.

I'm not sure if I ever wrote about it, but, last year around March I got a job with a company called My Pet Chicken. It was a great job! I got to work from home, I got to basically set my own hours as I could ask for time off whenever I needed it. Well, over the winter I was having some issues with getting my emails done on time. Well.. not really "on time" per say because we had up to 48 hours to get them done. Well, I got into a funk where I wouldn't log on and do them but every 3 or 4 days. My email supervisor talked to me and put me on "probation." So fast forward to a few months ago. My email supervisor had a baby, and went on maternity leave, which left someone else doing the email assigning. I'm not trying to place blame on them, because ultimately, it's my fault, but the emails weren't being assigned every day, and then some days they would be assigned REALLY late and then again they would be assigned REALLY early the next day and then I would get behind... it was a mess. I was not the only person that felt that way, and I even said something to our other supervisor about the emails being erratic. Like I said... I'm not trying to place blame on them. Well, I guess I apparently missed an email for an order cancellation. So, the order was never cancelled, and it was a huge mess. So, Monday my Supervisor called me while I was working and explained everything to me and told me that she was going to have to let me go. I was so heartbroken! I really loved my job and I'm very sad to have lost it.

Not only did I lose my job, but, the VA has decided that Sams wrists, ankles, and back are "better" and so they've dropped him down to 90%, which means that we lost a BUNCH of money. It's kinda infuriating. It's crazy because he's just been "dealing with it" like a typical man and hasn't been going to the Dr about it. So, when he goes for check ups with the VA, he doesn't say anything and tries to be Superman about it, which lead them to drop him to 90% instead of 100%. Last month he went for his 6 month check up with the VA, and I went with him. He was going to let all of this stuff that we had talked about slide right on by!! His Dr asked if there were any other concerns and I said "Well, there are some things that he didn't talk about..." and that opened a whole other conversation! He now has to  go for blood work, an MRI, and a bunch of other tests as well. In a way I hope that nothing is wrong, that everything is fine, but on the other hand, I WANT something to be wrong, so we can get back to 100%. Is that wrong of me? He DESERVES to be 100% disabled because of all the crap that he's been through, because of all the things he will now not get to do, and all of the things that he's had to give up because of what he's gone through.

In other news, Sam went back to school! (Finally) He's studying accounting. He's always loved working with money... as crazy as that sounds because of how broke we are all the time. LOL We HAVE been doing better with that though. We went through Dave Ramseys Financial Peace University, and got back into the swing of things and started to get our debts paid off and I had way less stress about everything money wise. Now I'm almost back to where I was before with the being stressed out about money. We are okay... just very tight.

I've downloaded a "writing prompt" thing that I'm going to start working my way through. Lets hope that we can get that working for me and I can get back to writing. HOPEFULLY I will see SOME people back? :-)

No comments: