Saturday, September 20, 2014

Scary Friday

So, I didn't write yesterday. I was too busy spending time with my daughter after a very scary day at school.

Yesterday, while Sam and I were out doing things that we needed to do for the house, namely grocery shopping when it all started... I got a call that the school was on lockdown and that we would get a call when they had gotten the all clear. I immediately go into momma bear mode! Since we were in the middle of the commissary, Sam didn't want me to say anything too loud so I didn't start a panic or anything.

It was a long couple of hours while I waited for the all clear call.  Of course, facebook was NO help at all! The gambit run from they had a guy with a gun, to it was a guy with a bomb! We did finally get a call that everything was all clear after a police dog had went through the school.

When Buggy got home, she said that they were all stuck in the bathroom for 3 hours because there were windows in the trailers that they were in! How freakin scary!!! I asked her why she didn't send me a text to let me know that she was okay, and she said that her teacher couldn't find her phone in her bag to bring it to her.

One of my friends said that her sons teacher put them in a closet because someone jiggled the door handle and kicked the bottom of the door. I asked Buggy about it and she said that the resource officer was supposed to be doing that to all the doors to make sure that nobody could get into the rooms. I absolutely do not blame that teacher for putting her students in the closet. Not even a little bit! I was told that she was crying trying to keep all the kids calm. Poor thing.

That prompted us to have a conversation about what to do in a situation like that. Buggy said that she would try to talk him down. LOL I told her that this wasn't Criminal Minds and she wasn't a member of the BAU, so she better just find herself somewhere to hide and stay there! LOL Crazy kid.

Overall, I think that, unfortunately, this is going to become more and more common. I just pray that we can retake this country and become again like the once great nation that we once were.

No comments: