Monday, June 29, 2009

Finally!!

We have everything out of the old place and into the new house! It's a total disaster right now, but at least it's our disaster! We have half unpacked boxes just about everywhere. There are clothes all over the bedroom floor, the closet looked like a Macy's exploded, and the kitchen has stuff laying all over the place. The only 3 rooms in the entire house that don't have anything messy in them is the 2 kids rooms and the bathroom! That will change this weekend tho! Tomorrow we will be picking up and putting things, hopefully, where they belong.

The first night in our house was rather comical. I can never sleep the first night anywhere, I guess that's why I don't like hotels, so, the first night here was rather funny. We're laying in bed, and I keep hearing a noise in the laundry room that sounded like dripping water. The only thing I could think of was that the roof was leaking, even tho it had not rained. I get out of bed, walk into the laundry room and start looking for a leak. I can't find the light switch, so I walk back into the kitchen and turn on the light and walk back into the laundry room. I can't find a leak anywhere, but the sound is still there, so I start looking closer to the floor. There I find it! It's a long, thin black bug that has like a joint in the middle of it's back! It's laying on it's back and trying to flip over on it's feet! That's what was making the noise, so I picked it up and threw it outside. I hope he landed on his feet!

Today has been a very long day! I got up early for my job, and a new schedule. I had to be there an hour earlier, but I got off an hour earlier as well!! It felt nice to get off work and not have to feel like I need to go right to bed. But now, it's almost tomorrow, and I need to get at least a couple house of sleep, so it's off to bed for me!

No comments: