Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

Today started out a little crazy, if I say so myself. I quit smoking about 2 weeks ago with the aid of the patch, so, I'm still receiving nicotine, but I don't have to smoke to get the result. I have put my patch on pretty much faithfully every morning. I even carry one in my purse in case I do forget, which is going to happen because I'm absent minded. Well, this morning, I got up and could not find my new box of patches anywhere! Not to worry, I did buy them while I was at work, so they've got to be at work on my desk. Sam and I needed to go into town anyways, so, while we're there we will just stop by and pick them up. Well, needless to say, they weren't there and we didn't find them until we got back home and I found them in my car! (Told you I was absent minded!)

With today being Fathers Day and all, my wonderful Mom had my two rugrats call to wish Sam a happy fathers day. It made him smile pretty much the entire day! How wonderful is it to have two small people that love you so very much even tho they are not related to you by blood in any way shape or form. Well, my hubby thinks is fantastic, and so do I. We had to go to Wal*Mart to pick up a few things like lunch meat and some Sudafed for me (Yes, I still have a headache! It's day 3. *sigh*) and we decided that we were going to go out to eat at some place nicer than Taco Bell. We don't do that very often, nor do we eat fast food very often either. We ended up at Cracker Barrel! I love going to Cracker Barrel and the hubby had never been to one before we started dating. We enjoyed the "home cookin'" and sat and talked for a while about what we want to do in the future. We tend to do that alot actually. Of course, having a mind splitting headache and trying to have that conversation is not always the best way to go about things.

I did talk to my sister, who is a nurse, about this headache. She told me that I should check my blood pressure. Wouldn't you know that I forgot to do that while I was at Wal*Mart! I don't think my blood pressure has anything to do with it, because it's only one side of my head that feels like it's trying to rip it's way out, not both. She also suggested that maybe it's not my sinuses at all, maybe I'm having what they call "cluster headaches" or even a mild migrane. I'm not sure what it is, but boy my head sure does hurt! I took some Sudafed and an 800mg Ibuprophen and I'm, again, laying on the couch. So far, nothing has really helped.

Tomorrow is the closing for the house. There is so much to do! After the closing, we need to get the locks changed, get the electric and water turned on, have the cable moved, get boxes, pack everything up, rent the truck, bribe friends with 6 packs of beer to come help move, and move everything over to the new house! Shew! Never thought that buying a house would be this much of an adventure, but it sure has been filled with ups, downs, and everything in between!

With that, I hope that all the fathers had wonderful Fathers Days and your kids got you the tacky tie that you will only wear on occasion because your kids got it for you and you would feel horrible if you didn't, and that you know that above all, your kids love you so very much whether you were the bringer of their life, or the one that is helping raise them now.

Oh, and..... Happy Fathers Day Kevin! Hope you had a great time at the zoo with Mom and the kids! You're tacky tie will be here when you come on the 4th! *wink*

1 comment:

Kevin R said...

Thanks for the card and the wishes. Any tacky ties I get, you will get back as part of your inheritance. Ok, lets be honest, that will probably be ALL of your inheritance!

and I am glad Sam appreciates that lovable little rugrats can grow on you