Thursday, July 2, 2009

Final countdown!

Well, tomorrow the parents and the kids will be here! I'm anxious, excited, and nervous all at once! It's been quite a while since the kids have lived with me, and Sam has never had kids live with him, so it's going to be a big change for us. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for them to be here!

I've been watching HGTV non-stop to get some ideas for the house. So far, I'm seeing alot of things that I like, and alot of money that we don't have to put into it. I know that I want to do painting in the living room, master bedroom, and kitchen, other than that, I got nothin! For some reason, it feels really warm in the house. I guess we're going to have to crawl under the house again and make sure that the cross over pipe hasn't fallen down again. that would be horrible if it had. Yet more small fixes that we don't need and can't afford right now!

We still haven't met any more of our neighbors, nor have we seen our newighbor Jeremy lately either. It's not like we spend alot of time outside tho. That should be changing this weekend tho. I haven't really had time to do much of anything but sleep, eat, unpack, and go to work. At this point in time, I'm just so tired! It's not going to get any better from here, and I realize this.

Tomorrow is going to be crazy as well. We have to go to Lowes or something and get the materials to fix the back gate before everyone gets here, and many other things. I would really like to have my mom take a picture of all of us on the front steps of the house, and then have one taken every July 4th weekend from here on out. I know that it seems like something silly, but, I want to keep a record of how we grow and change throughout the years.

Okay, I have taken enough time to write a little bit and get some thoughts down. I guess it's time to get back to working on the house.

1 comment:

Michele said...

The unpacking phase will soon enough pass!

You will find, as a homeowner, that there is always some small project or other than needs to be done around the house. But you accomplish them just like you eat an elephant,,,one bite at a time!