Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What would you do with $110 Million??

So, I was reading the New York Daily News gossip section this morning (don't judge!!) and I stumbled across this article about how Elin Nordegren is "cutting costs" and being "more frugal" with her money.


I'm not sure about you, but $110 Million is more money than I'm likely to see in an entire lifetime! She got all of that money just because her ex-husband is a lying, cheating, scumbag! Now don't get me wrong, she deserves every penny of that money, and probably more! If my ex husband would have been worth $600 Million, I probably would have more than a modular home on a small 1/4 acre lot! I would be debt free and probably be driving a brand new Honda Oddesy. Don't get me wrong, I love my new car, but, I've always been and will always be a Honda girl! I would also probably have taken my entire family to Cabo, or Disneyland, or bought us all matching shirts or something!


I guess the part that bothers me is that Elins idea of "cutting expenses" is cutting back the hours of the kids nannies and flying commercial instead of a private jet. Really? How horrible life must be! Oh GOD! I have to fly first class instead of all by myself!! SHUT UP! You have a house in Sweden, a house in the Orlando area, you're drop dead gorgeous, and you're a multimillionaire. Why don't you use some of that money and do something for someone else? I don't know, maybe spend a little time with you kids! You're a single mom, yeah, but it's not like you need to rush out and get a full time job! If you think life is tough now Elin, why don't you try being a REAL single mom? You know, the kind that have to take care of their kids all by themselves and have a real job that doesn't involve getting paid to just show up, look pretty, and possibly do a small bit of speaking.


Don't get me wrong, I love Elin. I think that she is a beautiful woman. She doesn't stir up dust like Gisele Bündchen. She seems to have her head and heart in the right place. It's just that *one* thing that bothers me. Apart from her ex-husband being a skeezbag, I don't feel sorry for her one tiny bit. Well, okay, that's a lie as well. I feel bad that her skeezbag ex-husband made her look like a giant idiot to the entire world, and that her (if she really thought it was) happy marriage dissolved from under her feet in a matter of moments. Been there, done that, have the divorce papers to prove it. But I DON'T feel bad that she has to cut down on her staffs hours to try and save money. Sorry Elin. No sympathy from me. 


So, I want to know, if you were handed $110 Million, what would you do?


I would:

  • Pay off all of our debt, including house, cars, and credit cards.
  • Purchase 50 acre lot across the road and build a completely green house.
  • Build affordable low income housing for those who TRULY need it (single parents, families working minimum wage jobs, etc) that is free of crime and drugs.
  • Build a dog park in Jacksonville
  • Purchase everyone in my family's current house. (Or a decent sized down payment on a new one).
  • Set up college funds for all my nieces and nephews as well as my kiddos.
  • Donate our home to a needy family or charity organization.
  • Donate to our favorite charities and organizations.
  • Throw one hell of a party flying in all of our family, friends, and relatives (both sides)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new layout! I have no idea what I would do with a 100 million dollars. That's A LOT of money. I would probably pay off my credit cards, buy a house, save money for my children's college, donate to my university and charities, build a no kill animal shelter and run it, and pay to take care of my parents and go on wonderful vacations. Oh and of course a huge party =)

That One Girl said...

Thanks Carmen! Courtney did a fantastic job! I need to grab her button... LOL
I'm all down for the party if I'm invited! ;-) A no kill shelter would be nice. Maybe a fund to help get animals spayed and neutered as well.