Thursday, July 16, 2009

Break-in!

Sometimes people just suck!
My best friend, J, has been out of town for work since the Tuesday after July 4th. I've been going over to her house to get her mail, to feed and water her cat, make sure nobody has broken in. You know, things you do for friends when they're away. This morning I took the morning off to go register the kids for school. I get a frantic phone call from J this morning as I'm getting ready. Apparently someone had broken into her house at some point last night! Her cat, who is just like her daughter, was still there. I quickly got dressed and got in the car and took the quick 9 minute drive over to her house. It seemed like it took forever! She called me as I was pulling into the driveway. I walked in and the house was a disaster! They had cased the place and taken just about everything of value. The kicked in both doors to the house, disarmed the motion lights, and just cased the place. I got there, and the cat was still inside. Thank God for small favors!

No comments: