Friday, November 11, 2011

Pizza Casserole



So, I know I ddnt post this yesterday, and I'm very sorry, but I was so very tired, and then I started getting a headache and felt sick, so I spent most of my day watching a marathon of Storage Wars and drinking Chai.

So, I made Pizza Casserole on Wednesday night, and invited our friend JD over as well. The kids love him to death! I made the same Olive Garden breadsticks as the other night. As always, JD brought wine for the occasion. A bottle of red by the name of Glory Days and another bottle of Australian red by the name of Layer Cake. Both were excellent! I also made a small side salad as well. I THOUGHT I had 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, but it turns out I only had one.

The Spread!


Sam and JD being the "rustic" men that they are.



JD and the kids.

This was a REALLY easy recipe to throw together.

  • Wide egg noodles
  • 1 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 3 cups grated mozzerella cheese (more or less depending on how much you like cheese!)
  • bottle of spaghetti sauce
  • pepperoni

  1. In a pan, brown meat and in a pot boil water for noodles and add when water is boiling, cook until tender and drain water.
  2. In the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish, put a thin layer of sauce. Layer with noodles, meat, cheese twice.
  3. Add pepperoni to top and cover with foil
  4. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and remove foil, bake for additional 15 minutes uncovered.
  5. Let settle for 5 minutes, dish out, and eat!!
JD and the kids decided that they liked theirs with a generous helping of Parmesan cheese, but Sam and I decided not to.

Final thoughts? Everyone loved it!! If we could all agree on toppings, I would have loved to add onions, and possibly green olives to the top, but I know that would never fly!!

Tonight is Pasta Tacos, which were leftover from another time I made them. All I need to do is boil the shells, stuff them, and shove them in the oven! Gotta love easy meal night! :-)

No comments: