Tuesday, April 12, 2011

*heavy sigh*

I'm feeling a lil down today. Despite the fact that my sister will be here in like 6 hours, I feel like pooh. I have no motivation today. :-/

I keep checking the orders for the candle supplies. I wanted them here already. Yes, I know I don't have a teleporter, but dangit! I dunno... maybe it's the fact that I'm trying to get my family members to help a little more around the house and the one person that I want the most is just not picking up their end of the stick. It's hard to teach children responsibility when only half of their parents are showing them how to do it. I can admit... sometimes I'm not the best model either!

I hate having to be bossy and angry! But it seems like when I am... things get done. Nobody seems to want to do anything before I have to yell about it. The kids are getting better... Sam... not so much! He just doesn't care. I think that makes me even angrier than him not doing what I've asked. MANY friends say "It's just a guy thing." but I don't want it to be a "guy thing." Because that means that I've either got to learn to deal with my husband not caring if I'm upset... or I'm going to have to learn to not care myself. *sigh*

Case in point... I HATE being late. I was perpetually late when I was younger. I didn't care. I didn't even wear a watch (I still don't but I have a cell phone... )Now? It really bothers me when I'm late for something, especially if it's something that I want to do. This past Sunday, I was up at 7, Bug up by 7:30, Monkey up by 8. I told Sam to get up at 7:30 so he could go take a shower and we could get to church a bit early and whatnot. NOPE! He dinked around until 9:15, we didn't get in the car until 9:20 and church starts at 9:30! (And no... we don't live 10 minutes or less from church) He can't understand that I want to get to church early... so I have time to get to my seat, to chat to others, and really be ready when worship starts. Instead, we show up late, I have to find my seat in the dark, no time to talk to anyone, and worship has already started. FRUSTRATING!! His excuse is "It's the weekend, why are you always in such a hurry?"

*heavy sigh*

Is it seriously too much to ask? Am I just destined to always be late if I want our family together for things? I don't WANT to take 2 cars to church! It's wasteful and bad for the environment. He says he wants to be more green, he bought a hybrid car so he could reduce his carbon footprint, and to save on gas. but, I'm really failing to see where it goes any farther.

ANYWAYS!! I'm going to go finish cleaning up. I just heard the dryer stop. I threw the sheets and pillowcases in the wash so my sister would have fresh linens.

1 comment:

The Bug said...

I guess it's a good thing that neither of us cares about the house. But we both are on top of the laundry. On the other hand, Mike can NOT get out of the house in a timely manner. He gets up BEFORE me & still I end up sitting there playing solitaire on the computer for 20 minutes :)

I'm sorry I have no words of wisdom for you. Hope it gets better!