Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day!

So... I was going to write this great lil ditty about how we do our part to protect Mother Earth... but.. then I got lost in Laundryland. It's a terrible place I tell you! If you can avoid going there, I suggest that you do... at all costs! Tho, visiting Laundryland does make it considerably easier to not smell... and not be sunburnt! ;-)

I do want to take a bit to comment on ways that we do try to do our part to help the Earth.

  • We turn off lights when we aren't in the room.
  • We turn off the AC/heater when it's not needed.
  • We try to buy produce that is locally grown when we can.
  • We're starting a garden, and already have fruit trees and will be planting grapes and blueberries this weekend.
  • We recycle everything that we can.
  • We compost our kitchen scraps.
  • Sam has a hybrid car.
  • I don't drive unless I need to.
  • We donate clothes to local thrift stores, or resell them so they can be reused.
  • We don't use paper towels.
  • I shred and use our "junk mail" as packing for our candle company.
Those are the ones that I can think of right now. I'm sure that we do more, but, I just can't think of them right now. I'm sure had I done this post when I had it on my mind, it would have been a more informative post! 

What do you do to help Mother Earth?

1 comment:

The Bug said...

We do a lot of those too, but I REALLY wish we had a hybrid car! Our almost 40 mile commutes (Mike to Urbana & me to Cincinnati) are expensive & environmentally horrible.

I'm going to have Mike stop by the local farmer's market more often (there's one near Yellow Springs we like) instead of getting our veggies at Kroger. AND I'm apparently going to have a huge crop of tomatoes if all goes well :)