Friday, February 18, 2011

Craziness in my hometown.

So, some of you know that I grew up in a TINY little town in a small county in Ohio. There wasn't a lot to do there. You went to school, cruised "the lot", probably worked on a farm, more than likely did some underage drinking on the weekends. Just about everybody knew everybody, and if you didn't know someone, chances are, you knew someone who knew them! Nothing ever happened there. It was a boring town that most of us couldn't wait to get away from. Some of us did just that, got away. The majority of us tho, stayed there.

I still have a lot of friends back home. A lot of my friends from back home are married to other friends from back home that I would have NEVER thought would have gotten together! Sometimes life works out like that.

This past weekend, some information came out that a girl that I didn't directly know, but had met a few times in passing, Tiffany Brown, had came up missing. The entire town banded together and started searching for her. She had 2 little boys. They found her yesterday.... hidden in her mothers basement. It seems that her mothers boyfriend killed her, and hid her in a wood pile in the basement. He is now on the run. This morning, I read my hometown newspaper that there is an elderly couple that is now missing. They're connected to the the case because they sold the house that Tiffany was found in to her mother and boyfriend a couple years ago.

I'm not sure what it is that's exactly going on in my home town, but, my prayers are going out to Tiffanys family and friends. I hope they find Sammy, and if he did in fact kill her, I hope that they lock him up, and he never sees the light of day again.

1 comment:

The Bug said...

How come I haven't heard about this? Could it be because I don't read the paper or watch the news? I'll bet Mike works with some people who may have known her - Bellfontaine isn't that far from Urbana. Yikes!