Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Weigh-in and Chili!

Today is my little girls 9th birthday. I can't believe 9 years ago she was just a tiny little thing wrapped up in a pink blanket! She has grown SO much, in more ways than one! She's super smart, she's in all advanced classes in school, she is a helper at our church, and everywhere we go, she always knows someone, and if it's an adult they always tell me what a sweet girl she is. Makes my heart smile. :-)

Anyways! My weigh in! I lost! WOOHOO! I'm at 204.6 as of this morning. According to my Sparkpeople.com goal tracker, I SHOULD be at 201, but, that's okay! I'm slightly behind, but, not enough to be a big deal. I will figure out how to lose that "extra" at some point in time.

Yesterday I put chili in the crock pot before we went to church, and when we got home, the entire house smelled so good I wanted to eat the air! It was REALLY good! Tho, if you have or have people in your family that have sensitive mouthes, scale back on the chili powder a tiny bit. :-D

Crock Pot Chili
Serves 10-15

  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 28oz can diced tomatoes with juice
  • 1 8oz can marinara (or regular tomato sauce)
  • 1 small diced red pepper
  • 1 small diced green pepper
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 3 stalks celery, diced small
  • 3 medium carrots, cleaned and shredded
  • 4-5 TABLESPOONS chili powder (I used 5, kids said it was a bit spicy)
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 15oz can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed.
  1. In a large non-stick skillet, crumble ground turkey and brown, turning often until pink is gone, 6-7 minutes. Transfer to 6-quart slow cooker
  2. Add remaining ingredients and gently mix
  3. cover and cook for 8 hours on low, or4 hours on high.

1 comment:

The Bug said...

That chili looked so good that I had to come home & have some Wendy's chili for dinner :)

Congrats on the loss - I gained .6, but I totally deserved to & in fact I was pleased it wasn't more!