Anyways! My weigh in! I lost! WOOHOO! I'm at 204.6 as of this morning. According to my Sparkpeople.com goal tracker, I SHOULD be at 201, but, that's okay! I'm slightly behind, but, not enough to be a big deal. I will figure out how to lose that "extra" at some point in time.
Yesterday I put chili in the crock pot before we went to church, and when we got home, the entire house smelled so good I wanted to eat the air! It was REALLY good! Tho, if you have or have people in your family that have sensitive mouthes, scale back on the chili powder a tiny bit. :-D
Crock Pot Chili
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 8oz can marinara (or regular tomato sauce)
- 1 small diced red pepper
- 1 small diced green pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced small
- 3 medium carrots, cleaned and shredded
- 4-5 TABLESPOONS chili powder (I used 5, kids said it was a bit spicy)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15oz can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed.
- In a large non-stick skillet, crumble ground turkey and brown, turning often until pink is gone, 6-7 minutes. Transfer to 6-quart slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients and gently mix
- cover and cook for 8 hours on low, or4 hours on high.