Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Diet and Exercise

So, yesterday I started a new diet and exercise regime. Frankly, I was petrified to stand on the scales because I knew I weighed almost 200 pounds. I was always skinny when I was younger, and ate pretty much whatever I wanted, and a LOT of it! I remember my older sister coming in the door one day to me eating my after school snack, an entire pizza, and her telling me: "Some day, you're gonna get fat because you eat so much!" I told her that I would never get fat! After my first child I bounced back to within 5 pounds of pre-baby weight in a couple of weeks! By my 3rd child, I weighed right at 200 pounds at 9 months pregnant and quickly lost about 30 pounds. I was 165, and I was pretty happy about it. I didn't really care who thought I was fat, or if I was! Flash forward almost 7 years, and I have yo-yo'd between 165 down to 130 and back up to 195, which was my weight yesterday. So! I popped in my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout video, and 20 minutes later, lay on the floor wishing that every muscle in my body would quit trembling! It may only be 20 minutes, but she REALLY kicks your ass!! This morning I felt pretty good laying in bed, but when I got out I felt like my legs were jello! I went ahead and worked out again today, and it felt pretty good. I'm still really sore, but I imagine in a few days it will feel much better!! Here's to getting healthy and in shape!

No comments: